Saturday, February 27, 2010



Hey guys!

So today was a fantastic day :). It was sunny and the sky was the perfect shade of periwinkle blue. The day started off with waking up at 11 a.m. (something I haven`t done in forever) and then deciding out of the blue to go with a couple of other exchange students to Naschmarkt. I didn`t find this out until later on but this is the most popular market in Vienna and it has existed since about the 16th century.
Here I indulged in Bakslava, Halva, Kaiser rolls, Kaiserschmarrn (a popular Austrian dessert) and much more..(unfort. for both my 15 euro a day budget and my goal to not gain weight haha)

Then when I came home I was excited to finally meet someone that was willing to spare matches. Yesterday I went on a shopping spree and bought dozens of scented candles so now they are finally lit (not all of them of course...that would be a fire hazard :P ). Anyways, now I`m enjoying the delicious strawberries I bought from there and I cannot wait to go back. Next time, we decided to actually sit at one of the many restaurants that are embedded in the market itself. I will also be taking pictures =)

I`m about to go out for sushi dinner (something I have been craving since I arrived in Vienna), but I wil def. keep you posted on any other adventures, and when I have more time, fill you in on some other things I`ve done while on exchange.
xox

(The first picture I posted is from when I went to the chocolate factory. You can choose one of a couple of dozen of different chocolates to melt in a milk-like substance...on second hand, it may have just been milk, but it tasted 100018398749328 times better haha)...doesn`t it look yummy?


Just some of the things you can purchase at the market :)..and yes, they give free samples

No comments:

Post a Comment